Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Age of Empire- Fortifications

Something that is new recently is fortifications on our walls. I'm working on figuring out if they are worth building or not currently I only have the raw data. Doing some testing at the moment and will get back to you all with the findings.


So I created one Spike Pit fortification for testing purposes and it was killed by 1 archer. Not even really sure how they are supposed to work watching the battle shows the archer attacking and nobody defending the archer doesn't fire or anything. But in my report I show a causality of 1 Pit trap.

Upon further testing I noticed that when people are attacking me I will loose 1 Rolling log for about every 6 catapults they come at me with. So good for defending against annoying little attacks really poor for those big  armies that roll through every once in a while.



The game refers to these traps as
Iron caltrop= Spikes
Spiking Obstacles=Spike walls
Traps= Spike pits
Rolling log= Rams

2 comments:

  1. Does the wall resurrect all dead troops that are stationed there or does it only resurrect a certain percentage? If it's a percentage, how much? Lastly, how long does it take for the troops to recuperate, are they resurrected on a troop by troop basis or a percentage basis? As you can tell I have a lot of questions since the game is so vague.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A certain amount of troops is resurrected each time the percentage depends on your wall level. Your fortifications however are not resurrected. The resurrection rate can be clearly seen by clicking on your wall it is labeled resurrection rate.

      Delete