Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Age of Warring Empire- Fortifications

So I have been working on the usefulness of fortifications. I have previously posted their cost ratios, but wanted to look more at their battle operation. I have noticed that each trap only affects one specific type of troop.

Iron Caltrops take out Infantry
Spiking Obstacles take out Calvary
Traps take out Archers
Rolling Logs take out Catapults

The rate so far is pretty consistent I have run very few tests however. But it seems that each type of trap can be reliably expected to take out 5 of their respective troop types. I have seen as high as 8 but when calculating use 5 to be safe.


Of course this information doesn't help a whole lot with the random NPC attacks but will be more then helpful in deterring attacks of other players. Mostly since many players only use Infantry, Catapults and Archers. And generally only use Archers as decoys, so if you focus mostly on building Iron Caltrops and Rolling logs you should be able to build yourself a pretty good defense.

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for the great blog. I had a question about the mission "get general (1)" which says you have to own 5 rank 1 heroes. I dismissed my heroes and got 5 1-star lvl 1 heroes but i havent completed the mission. The only other place i have seen the word "general" used is referring to the heroes guarding the wall. Can you help me out at all im completely stuck trying to figure it out

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1star heroes from the pub don't count. Neither do heroes from any other special event. I solved this mission with the tower (lvl 20, 5x)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How many total chapters are there ?
    I just completed 11th and i can't see anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i neex to know about how many troops would it take to take out 5229 traps of eatch kind in the new v4 version???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 5 troops per fortification so roughly 26,145 troops to take out 5229 traps

      Delete
  5. Hi, newbie question. How do you change the hero at the wall. When ever i try icam unable to remove the hero. I have tried retreating and even dismissing no joy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Retreat should do it. If it doesn't seem to try exiting game and reentering. If that still doesn't do it contact the Gm's they've been pretty good at sorting out issues quickly lately.

      Delete