Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Age of Empire- Treasure Maps

Treasure maps are easy enough to understand. You attack a player if the attack is successful then you have the chance to get some maps. The more maps a player has the more they can loose. The probability of stealing maps from someone decreases the fewer maps they have. For example ( I have not worked the math on this at all just an example)

You attack player a who has 10 maps and win you have a 50% chance of taking a map
or
you attack player B who had 20 maps and win you have a 75% chance of taking a map
or
You attack player C who has 5 maps and win you have a 5% chance of taking a map

That is how the treasure map system is explained in the game page at least. I know for a fact that I have attacked a player 20 times and won the entire time they had 5 maps and I didn't get one map. I will try to work the math out on this when I have a chance.

10 comments:

  1. Simple lesson on statistics: 5% chance means just that; a chance. It may mean you get 1:20 or it may mean you get 1:2 but over infinity tries it'll average to 1:20 (5%). By the way I love this guide, I had no idea what I was doing in this game until I came to this site. You should do a section on Treasure hunting. Basically explain how many soldiers you must fight per treasure level and what sort of rewards to expect from each chest lvl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the percentages that are listed are simply an example. I gained levels too quickly and now cannot gain maps. So sadly unless someone else would like to provide the data I will be unable to work out the math regarding treasure maps. I have been collecting data to write about the treasure event but as the treasure is quickly taken I have been unable to gather sufficient data to post my results. I'm glad you have been enjoying my site :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Maps are for the map event. The more maps you have at the end of the week the higher your take in the treasure. You need at least 10 maps to claim a share of the treasure.

      Delete
  3. I find that I get significantly more treasure maps when attacking someone who is no more than 5 levels below my own level.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How can I see how many maps I have? How can I see how many maps someone else has?

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you are a lvl 34 what id the best way to get maps from a lvl 10 player?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have that same question also, where does it tell you how many maps you have? I keep getting the message "you have plundered a map", but then it seems to go into the ether. I can't find that statistic anywhere in the game

    ReplyDelete
  7. What event? I understand that you collect them and get a reward at the end but what reward. It is nice to know what the point of this goal is and how to achieve it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This post is almost a year old. There used to be a weekly treasure map event. Where he who had the most won. Now there are special treasure map events usually about once a month. Where as before he who has the most wins. The prizes differ from event to event however. The current events running can be accessed by clicking on the present on the bottom left of your home screen. then looking on the right they are all listed there usually in order of time expiration.

      Delete